Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Addition

In the last week of January, the addition started on our house.  The first part was knocking down an outer wall so that the workers could have access to the correct part of the house.

But then, the more they dug, they found some plumbing issues.  Unfortunately, they were major.  And we had to fix them.  

Our house looked like this for a few days:


There used to be a wall here.  Her kitchen will go in the 'box' below...so two of her kitchen walls will be brick.  The white door will be removed, the doorway widened, and that will be her little hallway that leads to her living room.  She'll have a sliding glass patio door along one of the new walls, and on the other new wall (facing the front) will be her front door and also another window.  And then we'll put back up a wall or fence for privacy.


So the plumbing issue has been fixed at least.  It set us back a couple of weeks and a lot of $.  But, our house is 50 years old and we knew we would have some setbacks.  So it's okay.  I'm glad it's fixed.  And I'm so excited for my mother-in-law to get her new kitchen!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...