Saturday, February 24, 2018

How to Glue a Puzzle


My sister sent me this great puzzle of book covers a couple of weeks ago.  After I finished putting it together, I didn't want to take it apart!  I wanted to keep it!

So I did.

First, put together your puzzle (yes, I'm captain obvious).



Once your puzzle is finished, you'll need some wax paper and tape.  Cut strips of wax paper and tape them together...enough to slide underneath your puzzle. I used three sheets for mine:


Carefully move your puzzle to a 'safe' surface if it isn't on one already.  Ours was originally on our wooden writing desk, so my husband and I moved it to the island in the kitchen.  Depending on the size of the puzzle, this may be a two person job.

Take a dusting cloth and wipe off the puzzle.  Puzzles can be very dusty, so wiping it off will help the Mod Podge go on smoother.

Now it's time for Mod Podge.


I think that any Mod Podge will work, but I got the 'Puzzle Saver' kind.  It looks just like white glue.  All you do is brush a layer over the whole puzzle.  It may be hard to see in some spots.  It goes on white (but don't worry, it dries clear).


Once the Mod Podge is dry (I let mine dry about 20-30 minutes), flip the puzzle over, and wipe off the back with a dust cloth.


Then brush the back side with Mod Podge as well.


Let it dry for 30 minutes.  And then it's done!  I wanted to hang it in the library, because, well, BOOKS!

I just added some Command strips to the back and slapped it up on the wall.


(I spy ears)

I love it!

And can I just say that I love our little library.  It's just an odd little room full of odd angles and slanted walls and mis-matched furniture, but I still love it.



It's an easy project and I love the end result!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...