Sunday, February 25, 2018

How to Make a Dry Erase Menu Board

Last week I got a little board and decided to do something kind of crafty.

I made a dry erase menu board for our kitchen counter.  It was extremely easy and took about 15 minutes.

I picked up an 8x10 picture frame from Home Goods.  Then I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some patterned paper.  I wanted something pretty, but not too dark.  I also got two different kind of stickers...one package of capital letters, and one package of lowercase letters.


Patterned paper usually comes in 12x12 size, so I had to cut it down to fit the frame.  I just took the paper that comes with the frame to use as a template.


Then I added the stickers.  I just put 'Dinner' across the top and SMTWTFS down the left side.  I didn't make it too difficult, I just eyeballed it.


Then I just slipped it into the frame.


All that was left was getting a dry erase marker.  Dry-erase markers work perfectly on glass!

I chose this one (Target) that came with a little eraser on the tip.


I would suggest only using black.  On glass, other colors won't show up very well.

And then I filled in my menu for the week!  Last week was different because we had 3 meals delivered to us by different people.  But it was still helpful because I knew what family was coming on what night.  And as you can see, the black marker worked great!


Super easy project....total cost was $20.  $10 for the frame and $10 for the stickers and paper.  It could be hung on the wall too I suppose, but I just set it on our countertop.

That's it!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...