Sunday, March 18, 2018

Addition Update #3

Things continue to move right along!


Okay so once again, here's the front door and window (on the left, facing the street), and the sliding glass door opening facing our yard.  Eventually, there will be a cinder block wall or something closing off our yard again for privacy purposes.  But for now, we have a temporary gate up.

If you're standing at the front door, and look immediately to the left, this is what you see:



This will be the closet for the stackable washer/dryer.  There will also be room for brooms/mops, etc.

Here's another view:


This is also looking from the front door in the corner.  Her countertop, cabinets and appliances will all go along these two walls, for an 'L' shaped layout:


This is the view standing from the front door looking straight ahead:


They are building her a narrow pantry next to the hallway that will lead into her living room.

And I like this picture just because.  I couldn't believe how much bigger the room looked once the walls went up.  How is that possible?  Also, the big pile of bricks in the middle are the ones they removed from the walls that they are using to re-brick the outside (so it will match the existing house).


And finally....here's what the side of our house is looking like at the moment.  Pretty much the same except for the addition, but I added a few labels just for fun:


The picture is somewhat deceiving, because there is actually nothing on top of my mother-in-law's living room and kitchen (both are flat roofs).  Our library is actually on top of her bedroom.  And our bedroom is on top of the man cave in our part of the house.  But it's hard to see that in the picture.

I think the thing I'm most excited about is having that port-a-potty out of our front yard.  Ick.

But it's really coming along!  It's exciting to see all of the progress.

(I spy Abby in two of the pictures above.  Can you?)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...