Sunday, March 11, 2018

Random

*I go back to work tomorrow.  I am READY!!  I'm actually kind of excited.  I like my routines, what can I say.  

*I got one of those letter boards that are everywhere.  I got a small one though and put it on our cork board in the kitchen below our family calendar.  Clearly, I'm having fun with it (and I might have too much time on my hands ha ha)





All quotes from TV shows ha ha.  Some of them won't make sense especially if you don't watch the TV shows (Bob's Burgers, Scrubs, Parks & Rec, Friends, etc.).  But it makes me smile. 

*Have you ever tried baked tacos?  If you haven't, please try baked tacos.  Basically, you put the meat (already cooked) and cheese in the shell, pop them in the oven for 10 minutes or so, then they come out and the meat and cheese stays put and is all melty and delicious.  Then you can top with your other cold toppings.  They are really good!


*A couple weeks ago, we went to a store here called 'Pen and Pad'.  My husband has been getting his fountain pens at this store for years.  Anyways, I noticed that the only journal type books they carried were Paperchase and Rhodia.  I asked the owner if they carried Leuchtturm journals and she said 'nope and I never will'.  So of course I asked why and she said out of Moleskins, Leuchtturms, and Rhodias, the Rhodias are by far the best when it comes to binding and paper.  So of course I had to try it out.  And then I promptly moved my bullet journal over to the Rhodia book.  The paper is great and the cover is super soft (although I put my bullet journal into another cover type thing).

I also tried out a couple of 'disposable' fountain pens.  I'm liking those too.  


*We booked a rental car in Iceland.  A Toyota something or other.  It was interesting.  We did a bunch of research on rental car companies and insurance. It is still up in the air whether or not we need to purchase 'sand and ash' insurance (from volcanoes of course).  Fun!

*I also emailed the hosts of our Air B&B about bedding (you bring your own sheets, or they charge you for use of linens).  Anyways, I was wondering about the size and she emailed me back in meters.  So I had to figure that out, but of course there was no real answers online (for real) so I'm just going to bring a set of King sheets and we'll tuck if we have to.  Then I can use them at home too.

That's all!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...