Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day Off

Today is July 4th.  Which for us, means a day off!


I love days off.  I love sleeping in a little bit, and that feeling of not really having anything too pressing to do (like work).


This morning I woke up around 7:00 (about an hour and a half later than I usually wake up).  My husband and I then took our dog Max to the vet, where we dropped him off for his yearly comprehensive exam and physical.  




Then we dropped off a bag at the Goodwill (I've been keeping a bag in my trunk for Goodwill items, and when it's full, we drop it off).  Not rocket science or anything, but I really love this system.  That way the Goodwill stuff isn't cluttering up the house.


Then we had a nice leisurly breakfast at Weck's.  Then we headed to Home Depot to return a doorknob for my mother-in-law (long story).  Then to Best Buy, then Hastings, then back to the vet to pick up Max.  


After we got home (around noon) we had some cheese and crackers for a snack and I completely cleaned out and organized our kitchen cabinets.  I conveniently only took a couple of  'after' pictures.




Then I decided to blog, which I am doing right now from my iPad.  I'm not sure what I'll do next.  I may do some laundry.  I may watch a movie.  We're in for the rest of the day and night, so I have plenty of options.  


It should be a fairly quiet night because we live in a neighborhood of mostly retired people.  I haven't heard a single firecracker in the past week and none today so far.  


This post doesn't really have a point except that I LOVE DAYS OFF!!!!!!


You know what the best part is?  I have tomorrow off too!!!!!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...