Friday, July 19, 2013

Random

 

*I’ve been absent for a while.  I have no excuses, other than I’ve been in ‘project’ mode.

 

*Currently, I am finishing up a major project that involves no paper.  Intrigued?  Stay tuned.  I am almost finished writing up a mega blog post about it.

 

*Tonight we’re going to a baseball game with some friends.  Albuquerque vs. Omaha.  I’m torn.  Who do I root for?

 

*I love that commercial with the Apple folks and the Android folks that get into a fight at a wedding.  I am an advocate for Apple products and would totally jump in on their side.  Ha ha.  And after owning nothing but Apple products for our phones/computers/tablets, I can now totally understand how Apple people become nutty like they do and insist that Apple products are the only way to go.  Ha ha. 

 

*I never thought I would ever say this, but I’m a bit of a car snob now.  Before we traded in my old car, I told everyone I didn’t care about cars.  Until I got REALLY used to my Honda CRV and then had to be without it for 3 days a couple of months ago.  They gave me a Nissan Rogue to drive.  I whined for 3 days about that stupid Nissan and whined about not having my backup camera and not being able to control the volume of the stereo from my steering wheel.  I’m ashamed just typing that out.

 

*Our 1:00 Saturday meeting for French (public talk and W. Tower study) is going to be moved to4:00 starting in August.  Which is a good thing…although it’s going to make every other Saturday a really long day.  Service in the morning, French Bible reading class at 2:30, meeting at 4:00, home at 6:15 or so.  But it’s okay, because the following Sunday will be a ‘free’ day.

 

*I’m hoping to blog on Sunday about my latest project.

 

*It has finally cooled off a bit here and we’ve been getting some decent rain.  Still in a major drought, but things aren’t as crispy as they were a few weeks ago.

 

*I think that’s it!  (sorry about the lack of photos)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...