Saturday, July 6, 2013

TV

I've posted a lot in the past about my favorite movies, but I don't think I've ever posted about my favorite TV shows.  Probably because I just don't watch much TV.  I'm busy, and quite honestly there's just not much on that I am interested in.

However, I do have some favorites.  Some are current, some are old.  If you're interested, keep reading.

(first....all of these pictures and descriptions come straight from imdb.com)

1.  Gilmore Girls:  "A drama centering around the relationship between a thirty-something single mother and her teen daughter living in Stars Hollow, Connecticut."




My all time favorite series.  Seven seasons of drama, comedy, quirkiness, and just plain fun.  This is the perfect series.  I have watched the entire series multiple times.  I haven't kept track, but I'm guessing it's at least 10 or so.

2.  Downton Abbey:  "Beginning in the years leading up to World War I, the drama centers on the Crawley family and their servants."



My #2 favorite.  I was hooked after the first episode.  At first I didn't think I would like it because of all of the characters and didn't think I'd be able to keep track of them.  But the whole series is so beautifully done that it just sucks you in and all of the sudden you're so drawn into each and every story line.

Mary and Anna are my two favorite characters.  Mary is a strong-willed young woman with the whole weight of the world on her shoulders.  And Anna is just a saint.  

3.  The Office:  "A mocumentary on a group of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium.  Based on the hit BBC series."


This show is amazing.  Season 2 was the best.  Michael Scott (Steve Carrell) in all of his glory.  It continued to go well even after Michael Scott left.  Season 8 lost me a little bit, but the farewell season (9) was absolutely amazing, and the finale was the best series finale I've ever seen.  Epic.

4.  Parenthood:  "A family tree with Zeek and Camille Braverman serving as the patriarch and matriarch.  Each family will face their own challenges, but how they propose to deal with them is what will keep them together or tear them apart."


I didn't think I would like this show as much as I did when I first seen it.  But Lauren Graham is in it, so I thought I would give it a shot.  I'm so glad I did.  It is, at times, an emotional roller coaster and I usually cry in every single episode (which is partly because of the music they choose...excellent).  It was renewed for a 5th season and I can't wait!

5.  Call the Midwife:  "The story is about a group of midwives based in East London in the 1950s."


This is another series that I was skeptical of...but now I love it.  A group of midwives that live in a house with nuns in the 50s spend their time delivering babies in the slums of East London.  It is so good....another masterpiece from BBC.

So there's my top 5!  Two of them are done, and 3 have many more seasons to come I hope!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...