Friday, August 9, 2013

Busy Week + Movie Project Post #3



This week has been crazy. I sound like a broken record and I know it probably seems that I’m whining about it, but being busy is not necessarily a bad thing!

Here’s a little recap of everything that’s happened in the last 7 days: 

 *The weekend was busy, but good. It was a tax-free weekend here in New Mexico, so I got a new laptop, which I am blogging from at the moment. She’s pretty and shiny and I love her. Ms. MacBook Pro. (I need a better name for her). 

 *I finally backed up my phone and downloaded all (800) pictures on there. It took a while to get them organized, but it’s done! 

 *Our little Chihuahua got bit/stung by something and when I came home on Tuesday her whole face was the size of a grapefruit. I tried not to panic, shoved a children's Benadryl down her throat and kept a close eye on her for hours. She’s fine now. (she was fine about an hour after the Benadryl) She looked awful though…she could barely open her eyes and when she tried to yawn, her mouth would only go like halfway (her cheeks were swollen). Poor thing. 

 *My husband did a French Bible reading Wednesday night. He was awesome, especially considering he wasn’t feeling well at all. AND he stayed within his 4 minutes, which is difficult to do while reading another language. AND he managed to remember all of those odd ‘French’ grammar rules….like pronouncing the ‘e’ when there’s an accent at the end of the word, and running together two words when the first word ends with an ‘s’ and the next word starts with a vowel. Like ‘des oeuvres’ (DAYZEUV instead of day-euv) and ‘nous establisons’ (NEWSESSTABLAHSAWN instead of NEW ESSTABLEHSAWN). I was so proud of him. 

 *Thursday after work I took our little Chihuahua to the vet for her annual checkup and shots. She did good. Everyone said how pretty she was. She trembled and shook though the entire time we were there. She’s kind of a scardey dog. 

 *Thursday night we met 3 people from our French group at Starbucks and then McAlister’s Deli for dinner. We were supposed to be studying French, but we wound up just talking for a few hours. It was nice! 

 *My boss is leaving. She’s moving to Arizona next week. I am totally bummed about this. I gave her a cake and ice cream party today at work. It was a good turnout, although we still had a lot of cake leftover. I will miss her. My new boss is nice though, and it sounds like she wants to shake things up a bit in our department (for the better, especially for me). So that may be a good thing. 

 So…it was just a busy week. Lots going on. Tonight after work was busy too.  I got groceries, then picked up Chinese takeout from Budai Gourmet Chinese.  Green Onion Tofu for me and General Tao Tofu for my husband.  It was delicious!   Tomorrow we have a full ‘French’ day. We won’t get home until probably 6:30 or 7:00. Sunday is free though, thankfully. 

I’m still plugging away at my movie project!

Here’s the next 3 that I watched:



Dave 

This was a pretty good comedy. I don’t really care for Sigourney Weaver though. But I like ‘presidential’ movies. Although it can’t come close to ‘The American President’ (my favorite presidential movie).


All About Eve
I am used to Bette Davis in more ‘creepy’ roles than this one (Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane, etc.). In this movie, she starts off not really creepy, but just sort of selfish and a little evil. But then…well, I won’t spoil it. It’s a good movie.



Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close 

The book was good. The movie was good. And sad. I think if you see the movie without reading the book though you will get annoyed with Oscar (the kid). But by reading the book you really see what Oscar’s issues are, and in the movie he really acted well. 

 My favorite of the 3: All About Eve 

 Next up: 
The Sound of Music 
Raising Arizona 
Enchanted

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...