Sunday, August 18, 2013

Movie Project Post #4

Two blogs in one day!  No, I haven't gone mad.  I'm just laying on the bed with my laptop being lazy watching movies, so I figured I would blog again.

I've watched four more movies since my last post.  Here they are, in the order I watched them:

Raising Arizona

This was a wacky comedy by the Coen brothers.  I like the Coen brothers, although I haven't seen most of their movies because they are rated R and I don't watched rated R movies.  However, I love 'O Brother Where Art Thou'.  And they also did the most recent 'True Grit', which I really liked.  I liked this one.  It was really fast paced and oddball-quirky-funny.


The Sound of Music

I don't know WHY I have waited 35 years to watch this gem of a movie.  Shame on me.  I loved it.  I already want to watch it again.  It was funnier than I thought it would be.  I thought I wouldn't like all of the singing.  Yes, it's cheesy.  Yes, they skip.  Yes, they wear clothes made from curtains.  But I don't care.  The movie is pretty fast paced, even though it's over 3 hours.  Oh, and I want to move to Austria now.


Enchanted

A very cute Disney movie.  I remember it getting a lot of hype when it first came out.  I liked it, but honestly I dozed off a couple of times.  Oops.


Mr. Mom

Ha ha, this one was funny.  Michael Keaton getting addicted to soap operas, ironing his kids grilled cheese, fighting with 'Jaws', the vacuum.  It made me laugh a few times.

My favorite of the four:  The Sound of Music (no contest with this bunch).

I started off with 54, and currently have 40 left.  I'm not even halfway!  Oh well, I'll get there.

Next up:
Funny Face
Citizen Kane
Did You Hear About the Morgans?

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...