Monday, September 30, 2013

Random

*I'm really only blogging because I want to hit 7 posts this month.  I'm trying to blog more, I'd like to eventually blog 3 times per week.

*Unless Mike Wallace or Darren Sproles have multiple fumbles tonight, I am going to win my Fantasy Football game this week.  This is in spite of the fact that Aaron Rodgers was on a 'bye' week and I had to start Russell Wilson (Seahawks) as my QB.  My stars of the week were Tony Gonzales (he killed it!), Marshawn Lynch, and Darren Sproles (who is playing tonight).  I am currently a little over 2 points ahead of my opponent this week (all his players are done).  So the only way I will lose is because of fumbles (-1 point each).  No fumbling boys!

edited:  since I wrote this 5 minutes ago, Darren Sproles has scored another touchdown.  I am now 10 points ahead.  I think it's safe to say that I have won.

*I am a householder in French Wednesday night.  Yay!

*I am giving my first French talk in November.  Yikes!

*I love washi tape.  I've been using it for everything.

*Today after work I watched the season premier of Parenthood.  I usually wait a few days...I hate commercials and I want to make sure I have enough uninterrupted time to sit down and enjoy it.  I was so proud of myself because it was ALMOST over and I hadn't cried yet.  (I cry during every episode)  But then it got me....the last 30 seconds or so.  And it was a happy thing...usually I just cry at the sad things.  But this was oh so good.

*I also watched the season premier of Parks and Rec.  I love that show.  I eventually want to get them on DVD, because it's definitely something I will watch again.

*I watched 'Ladies in Lavender' and now I want to read the short story that it's based on.  (more on that later on my next movie blog)

*Our Hannah got sick last week, and she is now almost 100% back to normal.  Her fiasco involved two vet trips + one overnight stay.  Poor thing.  But all is well now.

*We are vegetarians, but our pets are not.  Ha ha.  I felt weird buying canned chicken at the store (for the sick Hannah).  Chicken and rice are staples when dogs are sick.  They love it and it's easy on their stomach.

*We had a way busy weekend that involved one wedding (my husband was in it), one public talk (giving by husband), and a nice visit with new friends.

*Once we examined our dry cleaning bill, we decided to start laundering my husbands dress shirts at home.  I have officially turned into my mother, because I now stand at the dryer and pull them out IMMEDIATELY so they don't wrinkle.  He only buys the 'no-iron' dress shirts, but I am still paranoid. Every time I pull them out and hang them up, I smile and think of her.  :)  Love you Mom!

(sorry no pictures this time...but I'm hoping to blog again tomorrow night!)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...