Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Movie Project Post #5

I've crossed 3 more off my list:


Did You Hear About the Morgans?

Just a fluff movie.  Not great, not terrible.  I like Hugh Grant, so when this was $1.99 at Hastings, I picked it up.



Funny Face

Audrey Hepburn can just do no wrong in my eyes.  It's not Breakfast at Tiffany's or Charade or Roman Holiday or Sabrina, but it is a great movie still.



Citizen Kane

This movie is apparently a big deal.  I'm sure that aspiring filmmakers and the like are impressed with it, and....I get that.  But as far as entertainment value, I thought it fell short.  Although, I do think it was somewhat ahead of it's time in the way the movie played out (all in flashbacks, trying to figure out what Mr. Kane's last dying word 'Rosebud' meant).  And it's impressive that Orson Welles wrote, produced, directed and starred in it.  But I don't ever imagine I'll watch it again.

My favorite of the three:  Funny Face

Next up:
Red
On Golden Pond
Larry Crowne


20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...