Thursday, September 12, 2013

Getting Organized - Cords and Chargers

The organizing bug has hit me once again.  It usually hits me around this time....right between summer and fall.  I'm not sure why.

The first project I tackled was cords and chargers.  Phones, cameras, computers, ear buds, iPads, wireless keyboards, you name it.  If it's portable and electronic, it has a charger.

We have chargers in the bedroom, living room, kitchen, office, and more.  Pretty much every room in the house.  Now, some of the chargers will stay.  Like our chargers in the bedroom, where we charge our phones and iPads every night.

But the rest of them were all over the place, and every time I needed to charge something, it was wild goose chase trying to find the correct cord.  They were everywhere.  And it was driving me bonkers.

So the first thing I did was gather every cord, flash drive, charger, ear bud, etc. that I had strewn about the house.


Not pretty.  

So, I went through them and organized them and wrapped them up using binder clips.


Better, but we're not quite there yet.

Enter these:


Yes, I have two label makers.

And this:


This container is made for scrapbooking supplies I think, but as soon as I seen it at Michaels for 40% off, I knew it would be perfect for my project.

The lid opens up and inside are 3 removable plastic containers:


Next step:


Much better!  Although I couldn't resist labeling them:


I ran out of white labels, so I had to switch to clear for the other two boxes:


And now I have this:



It sits on a shelf in our office, easily accessible.  I love it!

The next thing I tackled was my cookbooks/recipe books.  But that's for another post!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...