Sunday, June 15, 2014

Reclaiming My House - Project #2 - The French Cabinet

We have a cabinet in our dining room that I call 'The French Cabinet'.  Basically, when we decided to start learning French we started accumulating books to help us learn.  And then for our family worship evening we would use a combination of those books plus our other spiritual books and I was constantly going back and for the from the office to the dining room to wherever random spot the books were kept in the house.

So we combined everything into the cabinet, and over the past couple of months, like everything else, it got out of hand.


Here's the 'befores':





Random items had gotten thrown in there over the past few weeks, so I took everything out and sorted it all.  I found my Annual Meeting Notes, which I've been looking for because I want to type them up!  I put a few things back in the office where they belonged.  Then I put everything back on the shelves.  All of the French stuff on the bottom and the spiritual stuff on the top:


I also cleared off the top.  


Our dear friend Vernon gave us this super old French-English Dictionary, which I left on display on the top of the cabinet:


This project took maybe 20 minutes at most.  And again, I feel so much better!!

Next up?  My desk (I think).  Yikes.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...