Sunday, June 22, 2014

Reclaiming My House - Project #4 - The Desk

My desk is in a very open are of the house - the living room.  Which is visible from the dining room, the entryway, the kitchen, and the laundry room.

So when it's messy, it can make the whole room (or 4 rooms!) look awful.


Here's what it looked like a couple of days ago:




Yikes.  It became a dumping ground.


Lovely, huh?

I cleared it all off and put everything away that didn't belong there.

Then, I used the large basket that I emptied during my last project, and put my printer inside of it.


I rarely use it, and when I need to, it's easy to plug in.

Here's the after:



Much better!  I still need to hide the large white laptop cord, but overall I am pleased with the result!

This is a much nicer space to work from:


Next up?  The kitchen (I think....ugh)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...