Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sick Day

Last night at 2:30 in the morning I got sick.  I won't go into the details, but it was not pretty.  Or fun.  I fell back asleep around 4:00, and then woke up around 5:30 and got sick again.  At that point I texted my boss and told her I wouldn't be in.  I feel back asleep and stayed in bed until 11:30.

After I woke up I took the dogs out and came back in and tried to eat something.  I laid on the couch for a while.  My husband came home early because he too was not feeling well.  We watched two episodes of Sherlock.  I slept for another two hours.

I think my body is trying to tell me to slow the heck down.

We have been so busy lately and I think it just all caught up with me today.  Physically, I still don't feel quite right, but I'm hoping by tomorrow morning I will be better.  I think all of the sleep I got today will help.

We have a very busy couple of weeks coming up, pretty much starting this weekend.  I have to work Saturday morning.  Saturday at 4:00 we have our French meeting.  After meeting there is a gathering for a new family that joined our group for Nigeria.

My husband is also starting a new job this month and he will be in California for an entire week for training.  The following weekend we will be in Arizona for our convention.

So lots of activity in the next few weeks.  I'm going to try not to do too much, commit to too much and just SLOW down during all the activity if that is possible.  I don't want to get sick again.

The ONLY good thing about being sick though is watching TV.  My husband and I have been watching Sherlock on Netflix (the BBC version).  We are on Season 3.  It is so so good.  My only complaint is that each episode is like an hour and a half (which explains why each 'season' is only 3 or 4 episodes).



It is, as the British would say, brilliant.

And I'm finally getting around to Season 3 of Call the Midwife.  



It too, never disappoints.  I guess I'm on a BBC kick today.  Right now I'm holed up in the bedroom on my super comfy bed with my 7-up and Pepto chewable tablets nearby.  And I'll probably be sleeping within an hour or so.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...