Sunday, June 15, 2014

Reclaiming My House

A while back (March to be exact) I was doing SO WELL with keeping up with housework, routines, keeping things organized, etc.  I was faithfully going to the gym each weekday morning before work.  And then after work I would do one load of laundry COMPLETELY (wash, dry, fold, put away) every single day so I was NEVER behind.  It was so nice!  Then I would cook dinner and pack our lunches for the next day (using my pre-washed, chopped and bagged fruits and veggies of course) and get my gym bag ready (which was easy because the laundry was ALWAYS caught up) and all was well in the world (well in my house at least).
 And then towards the end of March I dropped everything and I mean EVERYTHING and did nothing but study for 8 days for my CCA test.  And my whole system fell apart.  The house was a mess, laundry piled up, my once nice and neat organized drawers, cabinets, etc. became a thing of the past.  Fuzz started growing on the fruit in the fridge.  I stopped going to the gym.  I stopped planning.  I stopped keeping things neat.  And I never got back into my ‘groove’ again, and never really cleaned up the mess from the whirlwind that was those eight days.  I mean, yes, I’ve cleaned the house since then, but quickly and shoving things into closets and drawers and not spending any time at all bothering to keep things neat and clutter free.  And it has started to drive me completely insane.
 I would also like to add that we got Watson during this time frame and while we love him to pieces and are keeping him forever, he is MESSY.  He de-stuffs toys, chews his plastic toys so there are little plastic bits all over the floor, chews his blankets, makes a mess with his water bowl, and sheds like crazy.  
"Who me?"

That hasn’t exactly helped the chaos.
So my goal over the next few weeks is to reclaim my house and get it back in shape.  I’m going to start this weekend.  I know it won’t happen overnight unfortunately.  But I’m okay with it.  And if I’m brave enough, I will post ‘before’ pictures.  Just keeping it real people!  This isn’t so much about cleaning, but more about getting things organized and getting my routines back in place so that I don’t feel so overwhelmed the second I step into our home.
I'll post about my progress!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...