Sunday, May 10, 2015

Les Oeufs

We eat a lot of eggs in our house, particularly because we don't eat meat.  We mostly eat scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs.  But let's face it....hard boiled eggs are a pain.  I was never able to cook them right...they were always either under-done or over-done.  And don't get me started on peeling them.  I found myself buying already pealed hard boiled eggs at work for the convenience.

So I put a hard boiled egg cooker in my Amazon cart, where it has sat for the past two months.  I just couldn't pull the trigger for some reason.  Well, while I was in Santa Fe, I went into a kitchen store and found the same egg cooker I had been looking at online.  So I bought it.


And right away when I came home, I tried it out.


Basically, you puncture the eggs (it comes with a device to do this) so that they won't crack during the cooking process, fill the device with water, place up to 10 eggs in the cooker and turn it on.

18 minutes later, they were done.

The cooker cooks the eggs using steam, so they were a DREAM to peel.  No more wasted egg whites!  And on some of them the peel came off in just 3 or 4 pieces.

Aren't they perfect?


But the real test came when I cut them in half.  Would they be undercooked?  Overcooked?  Grey?

They.  Were.  Perfect!!

I will never boil eggs the old fashioned way again.


The device also apparently makes poached eggs and omelets but I doubt I will use it for that.  I plan to make hard boiled eggs at least once a week.  They are perfect for snacks and lunches!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...