Sunday, May 10, 2015

Santa Fe

Today I drove up to Santa Fe to do a little shopping.  The outlet malls are only about 40 minutes away, and I got there when it opened.



I was looking for a few more pieces to take with me on our trip.  Particularly another pair of jeans, a light sweater/cardigan, and a cross body bag.

I was successful.

My first stop was Under Armor though.  My husband likes their Heat Gear shorts.  I got him two pairs.


Then I went to Anne Taylor Loft.

I got this light cardigan, perfect for layering:


Then I got this pair of jeans, the most comfortable stretchy jeans I have ever worn:


The best part?  Here's the original price:


And here's what I paid:


Awesome!

Then, I went to Coach.  I get one new Coach bag per year, and I haven't gotten one this year yet.  I went in there with ONE thing in my mind.  A brown or black cross-body bag to carry around in Europe.  I was convinced I wasn't going to find anything, because I had this idea in my head of exactly what I wanted.  I even went into Wilson's Leather and Guess first and a couple of other stores looking for this bag because I was convinced Coach wasn't going to have anything.

But I couldn't find anything at the other stores.  So I went to Coach.  And there it was.

It has another detachable long strap that make it a cross body bag.  It's a dark brown.  Usually I am not a fan of the signature 'C' pattern that comes on most Coach bags, but this one is pretty subtle and I actually kind of like it.  I had two coupons, equaling 65% off.  So I got a great deal on this bag.  Plus, I am going to take back the bag I got from Macy's a few weeks ago to help offset the cost.

Success!

After I left the outlet mall, I drove up the road for a bit looking for a place to grab a bite to eat.

And then I ran into Ross.


It was a large one, so I went inside.  

I got a brown flowy skirt ($8.99):


A v-neck white t-shirt ($4.99):


And two bras.  The bras are Jessica Simpson brand.  I've gotten this brand before.  They are good quality and they fit well.


This is the regular price for the two pack:


I paid:


Score!

My last stop was for a nice grilled cheese sandwich to go at Panera.


It was a successful trip!  And I think my wardrobe is almost complete for our trip.  I still need a couple of undershirts (camis) and some shoes.  But other than that, I am finished!

Now onto my bajillion other things I need to get done.  :)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...