Sunday, March 6, 2016

Nebraska

A few weeks ago I got home from a trip to Nebraska.  I went to visit my family and to meet my new nephew, who is already 4 months old!

I had to drive through Kansas because portions of the interstate were still closed in Nebraska.  

Folks, this is Kansas:


I finally got to my parents’ house around 9:30 that night.

The next morning my mom made me breakfast.  



Then we headed over to my brother’s house so I could see the kiddos.  They are getting so big!  We played and played.



Then mom and I went to go have lunch with my niece at school.  She goes to the same school that I went to.



After that we headed back to my brother’s place for some more playing.  Then we all headed to back to the school to attend a book fair.  And we finally wrapped up the evening by having Taco Inn for dinner.

Friday morning, me, mom, dad and Grandma went to breakfast and then drove around Lincoln.  We drove around the Haymarket and saw the new Pinnacle Bank arena.  It’s huge!  Downtown Lincoln has changed a lot since I’ve last been there.  Then we went to Von Maur.  We don’t have a Von Maur in New Mexico.  I wanted to check out the shoe room and the sale handbags.  I almost bought a pair of boots, but I didn’t love them.  I only liked them.  And for me to buy anything these days, I have to LOVE it.

So then I ventured over to the handbags.  I didn’t even look at the regular priced handbags.  I headed straight to the sale racks.  They had 3 racks full of bags on sale.  I avoided Coach completely because we have a Coach outlet in Santa Fe that pretty much beats regular sale prices on any given day.  I rifled through some Dooney and Burkes (nothing stuck out at me), some Michael Kors, and then a couple of other brands that I can’t remember….and then I saw it.  The bag.  I was drawn to it even before I saw that kind it was.  And when I saw what kind it was I squealed (internally of course).  Kate Spade!  I’ve been wanting a Kate Spade bag.  I love all of her stuff! And it was on sale.  Win-win!

We left Von Maur and I spent the rest of the afternoon formatting my Grandma’s iPad and downloading all of the JW stuff for her.  

Then my sister came back to town (yay!) and we and my parents went to Outback for dinner.

Then my Dad gave us a tour of where he works now, which was really nice.  It was so nice to see his building and everything that he is responsible for.

Saturday morning after breakfast Amy and I ran a few errands and went to see Grandma again and then came back to the house to help mom get ready for our dinner that night. 


 It was so nice!  The whole family was together - minus Josh :(.  Micah entertained us by playing the guitar.



And before I knew it, my trip was over.  And I headed back to New Mexico. 


 I left around 4:00 a.m. and got home around 4:00 p.m.  It was a long drive, but not terrible.  My husband and one of his friends unloaded my car, then my mother-in-law came over and we watched the Superbowl.  And I went to bed and slept like a rock!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...