Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Cart

Since my tidying-up journey, I've learned a few things about myself.  When I was tidying up the office, I realized that I RARELY used our desk in there.  Whenever I blogged, studied, etc., I would drag out everything I needed and either work at the kitchen breakfast bar, the dining room table, or the bed.  I never worked at our desk.

But I was realizing what a pain that was to drag everything out all the time to a different room.

So, I brainstormed and came up with an idea.  On my way to Nebraska last month, I stopped at Ikea in Denver.  I got everything on my list, including the wonderful Raskog cart.

I now present my lovely, portable, 'personal study - blogging - reading - coloring - etc.' cart:



It has 3 'trays'.  The top tray holds my container of colored pencils, bookmarks, etc.:



On top of that is my large study Bible.  I LOVE my large Bible.  I do all of my Bible reading out of it and make notes in the margins.


 I also set the white container with the rest of my pens and highlighters on top as well (see first picture).  This white container (also from Ikea) is actually a planter, but it was so cute I used it for my pens.  I am a pen/highlighter freak.

The middle shelf holds books.  Books that I am currently reading or want to read next (both fiction and non-fiction), my coloring book, my social anxiety workbooks, and my spiritual personal study books as well.



And finally, the bottom tray holds my computer.  Underneath my computer is a few more larger books that wouldn't fit in the middle tray.  I also keep my Professional Organizing binder in this tray.



I love, love, love this cart.  I can wheel it all around the house with ease and pick and choose what I want to study and work on.  And I love that all of my study stuff is in one spot!

When it's not in use, I park it in our closet:



If you live near an Ikea, go get one now!  I believe it was either $29.99 or $39.99.  I don't remember.  It's completely solid though and very high quality.  It also comes in white, but I preferred the fun blue.  :)

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...