Thursday, March 10, 2016

Tidying Up - Laundry Room




Lots of tidying up happened in here.  I went through every cabinet and got rid of what we don’t use.  Some extra sheets and curtains, lots of miscellaneous items.  Most of my candle holders.  I only buy Glade scented candles now…when they’re done, they’re done.  I kept my jar of tea light candles, because I do use those.  But the other ones went bye-bye.  I had a lot of extra little jars.  I kept just a couple to have on hand for flower clippings from our yard.  I kept only a few larger vases.  I moved everything into the cabinets above the washer and dryer.

So we have various laundry supplies, candles, the iron, etc. stored in here.



I got the fabric bins at Wal-Mart.  Then I slapped a little label on each of them and called it a day.  Candles, Cleaners, Vases and Ironing.  Kind of random, but it helps with the visual clutter.

The lower cabinets hold bedding (just for the futon and extra top blankets for our bed….all of our sheets are stored in a bench at the foot of our bed).   

The top drawers were all cleaned out.  The drawer on the left holds light bulbs and command strips (we LOVE command strips!).  It's not the neatest because everything has to remain in the packaging.  Oh well.



The drawer in the middle holds extra animal items that we use, but not frequently.



The drawer on the right is one of our two ‘Misc.’ drawers – tape, random items.



The bottom middle drawers hold board and card games.



The upper cabinets on the right hold our cat stuff.  Food, treats, syringes, alcohol wipes, etc.  



The upper cabinets on the left hold my purse when I come home.  The purse goes on the bottom shelf and on the shelf above I put anything else I need to deal with.  Mail, my Weight Watchers stuff, stuff to take into work, etc.



We made good use of the countertop in here.  I NEVER use it to fold clothes, so we put it to work.  On one side is a blanket for Howie, my old kitty.  He has a lot of health issues (diabetes, cataracts, etc.) and he LOVES sleeping up here and I just didn’t have the heart to remove his blanket.  On the right side is their food and water.

And in the middle is my husband’s ‘drop’ area.  When he comes home from work he usually has his laptop bag, phone, ipad, misc. papers, etc.  Before, this all went on the kitchen counter.  No more!  So I moved his little ‘station’ over here.  He can charge his phone, iPad, etc., drop his wallet and other items into the little baskets and have a space for all of his misc. stuff.  A space that won’t drive his wife crazy!  Ha.



On the walls I have just a couple of things…mostly found at Target over the years.  One of my favorite things is this:



I got this at Target a while ago, but I believe they still have it.  It is perfect for holding incoming mail.  I love it!  Each day I check the mail and put anything of my husband’s in here.  And he checks it first thing when he gets home.  It’s not really large enough for things to pile up, which is great.  Plus, it’s cute!



And that is our hard-working little laundry room.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...