Sunday, March 6, 2016

Planning

I thought I would write a post about planning.  Not planning anything specific, just planning for everyday life.

I have tried every planner out there.  Daily, weekly, monthly, large, small, electronic, you name it.  I always go back to the same type.  A large monthly planner.  I don't like the weekly planners or the daily planners.  I like to see my entire month at a time.

This is the planner I am using right now:


I got it at Barnes & Noble for $10.  It is simply an 18-month monthly planner with some notes pages in the back.   Nothing fancy.  I love it!

This is why I need a planner:


This is our life this month.  

Here's what I put on my monthly planner pages:

Spiritual stuff (meeting parts, meeting times, etc.)
Bills to be paid
Work meetings
DVDs to get
Travel
Paydays
Misc. other:  hair appointments, date nights, other plans

I color code each item.  Pink is for spiritual.  Red is for bills to be paid.  Orange is work stuff.  Purple is movies.  Blue is for travel.  Green is for paydays.  It may be a bit OCD but it helps a LOT.

I typically only fill out one month at a time (the current month) with the spiritual stuff and bills.  But if I know of other things coming up, I will add them.

Here is April:


During the last week of March I will fill out the bills and the rest of the spiritual stuff.

The Notes pages in the back are very helpful too.  I keep lists back here, like for blog topics:


And that is how I plan and keep track of our life.  I can't believe how much it helps and I can't believe there are people out there who don't use any type of calendar at all. This thing is my lifesaver!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...