Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 Year in Review

Whew!

2019 was a busy one.  Here’s a recap:

January:  Went to Ojo Caliente Spa with a group of friends.



February:  Howie died.  ☹ 



March:  I took my 100th Pure Barre class!  My sister-in-law and niece came for a visit.  We had a great time!



April:  We celebrated our 9 year anniversary and had dinner at a restaurant with a beautiful view:



May:  Hubs had to go to D.C. for work, and I tagged along for a few days.  We saw all the things. 



June:  My sister came and we went to all the bookstores and also the convention. 



July:  I got promoted.

August:  I started my ‘get healthy’ journey.

September:  We traveled to Denver and went to a football game and a concert.  We also had our circuit assembly and my husband went to D.C. again for work. 




October:  Balloon Fiesta.  And my brother came to visit!  We had a lot of fun.



November:  We spent November preparing for December.  We found out that hubs was matched with a service dog.  He also went to Boston for work.  I did Black Friday shopping again!

December:  December was all about the new puppy.  Hubs was in San Francisco for 2 weeks.  I flew out for a few days.  We saw Hamilton!  We drove home, stopping in Las Vegas on the way. 



Other things to note: 
*I lost 38 pounds.
*I read 94 books.  I didn’t hit my reading goal (100 books), but I came close!
*I started hiking and hope to do WAY more of it in 2020!
*I saw a couple movies in the theater:  Avengers Endgame, Downton Abbey.  I may have seen a couple more, but those are the two I remember.
*I don’t put pictures of other people up on this blog any more.  That’s why you won’t see many ‘people’ pics.  Just FYI.

Visitors (5): 
Uncle Bob
My sister-in-law and my niece
My sister
My brother

New family members (2):
1 great niece
1 nephew’s wife (niece-in-law?)

New pets (1):
Xy Xy

Places traveled (I track all the places we go.  It helps to look back on when I’m having a bad day or feeling sorry for myself for some petty reason.  Traveling is my therapy):

Espanola/Taos, NM (Ojo Caliente)
Washington D.C.
Denver, CO
Centennial, CO
Englewood, CO
Placitas, NM
Jemez Springs, NM
San Francisco, CA
Sausalito, CA
Penngrove, CA
Petaluma, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
Las Vegas, NV

We got to add quite a few more red pins to our travel map!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...