Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 Reading Recap




I read 94 books in 2019.  My goal was 100, so I came close!

Here are my 5-star reads in 2019:

Non-Fiction
Midnight in Chernobyl
Big Dreams, Daily Joys
Maybe You Should Talk to Someone

Young Adult/Children’s
Scythe
A Night Divided
The Book Hog

Fiction
The Family Upstairs
The Mother-in-Law
The Lager Queen of Minnesota
The Dutch House
The Travelling Cat Chronicles
The Bookish Life of Nina Hill
Ask Again, Yes
Where the Crawdads Sing
Caroline

I didn’t have a hard time picking out my favorites.  It was between ‘The Dutch House’ and ‘Ask Again,  Yes’.  Ultimately, I have to say ‘The Dutch House’ by Ann Patchett was the best fiction book I read in 2019.  I’m still thinking about it!  I’m also still thinking about Ask Again, Yes, which is a strong #2.  And #3 goes to Where the Crawdads Sing.

A good reading year for sure!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...