Sunday, April 26, 2015

Fashion Show! Fashion Show! Fashion Show at Lunch!



If you are not a fan of The Office, or Mindy Kaling, you will not get the title of this blog post.  So, sorry.  And if you aren’t a fan of The Office, well, you should be.  Ha ha.
You know how when you go shopping for clothes, take 10 items into the dressing room, and almost all of them fit perfectly and you love them?  Yep….that happens to me all the time.  Said NO ONE EVER. 
Except, this actually happened to me a couple of weekends ago.  It was just one of those shopping trips where everything fell into place.
One of the items on my vacation ‘to-do’ list was to get some new clothes.  My old clothes are fine, and I will be bringing a lot of them with me.  But I needed a few new pieces.  First, the entire week we are in Belgium, we are not to wear denim of any kind.  Which means….no jeans, no denim Capri pants…no denim.  So I needed to get some capris that were of a different material and possibly some flowy skirts to wear too.  That’s 7 days of outfits (3 assembly outfits included).  I made a mental list of at least 3-4 pairs of capri pants, 3 new skirts, and maybe a couple new shirts. 
After I consulted my husband and YNAB, I set a budget of $150.  Which seems like a lot, but not really when I was counting on 9 or 10 (at least) new pieces of clothing.  So I hit up Goodwill first ha ha.
I rarely shop at Goodwill, so I’m glad that I was able to find something.  I got two pairs of like new capri pants.  A navy pair (Ralph Lauren), and a khaki pair (Old Navy).  They both fit and I swear they look brand new.  Grand total for both pairs?  $9.25.  Woo hoo!

Next, I went to Ross.  Ross is a great store, but you have to DIG.  And sometimes you will find nothing, and sometimes you will find everything.  I hit the jackpot over the weekend.  I took 10 items into the dressing room with me, and I bought 8 of them. 
Here’s my loot-
1 pair of black capris:

4 skirts (one not pictured):

One of these doesn’t quite fit yet, so I probably won’t take that one to Europe.  But the other 3 are coming with me.  Two black and one navy.
3 shirts:



All colorful because my skirts are dark.
My grand total for clothing at Ross?  $93.  Which means I have $47 left in my clothing budget for Europe.  I will probably go to Old Navy (or Ross again) to get some more casual shirts to wear in London and Paris (where I will be wearing the heck out of my denim ha ha).  And at Ross, $47 will go a long ways!
I love successful shopping trips, I wish they could all be like that!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...