Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall Roasted Vegetables


I am not a cook.  Nor is this a cooking blog.

However, when I make something that I actually will make again, I may post it on here.

Hence, the following recipe:

Fall Roasted Vegetables

1 onion (I only used half of mine…onions can be overpowering)
1 zucchini
1 eggplant
2 potatoes (mine were large…I like potatoes)
5 small tomatoes
1 pepper (red or yellow)
3 garlic cloves
½ tsp of rubbed sage
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp rosemary
Salt & pepper to taste




Preheat oven to 375.  Cut veggies into bite-sized pieces.  Mix all together in a roasting dish (I just used one of those oven-to-table dishes).  



Mix garlic, olive oil, rosemary and sage in a small bowl.  Drizzle onto veggies and mix well.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Cook uncovered for 50 minutes. Halfway through cooking time, stir gently (mostly to keep your tomatoes from falling apart).



We really liked these veggies.  We had them as a side for dinner and also for lunch the next day.  They heated up well in the microwave…they weren’t mushy or anything.

Enjoy!

p.s. – I’m not sure why I named this recipe ‘Fall’.  What constitutes a Fall vegetable?  Maybe the eggplant and zucchini?  Or maybe I just named it that because I roasted vegetables and it’s Fall.  Ha ha.  Even I can’t figure out what goes on inside my head.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...