Monday, October 14, 2013

Gravity

(there are no spoilers in this post)



So, we saw the movie Gravity in 3D last night.

I am both a George Clooney and a Sandra Bullock fan, so I figured, why not?  What can be wrong with this movie?

To answer:  nothing.  There is nothing wrong with this movie.  IMDB describes the plot as "A medical engineer and an astronaut work together to survive after an accident leaves them adrift in space".  Yep. That's what it's about.



It's 90 minutes long, and VERY fast paced.  It gets you from the first 10 minutes and you feel like you're on a ride the entire time.  Although there are some 'quiet' moments for sure, but let me just say this:  after we left the theater, we seriously felt like we had to recover.  It is just a heart pounding ride from beginning to end.  It is EXTREMELY well done.

I'm not the only one that thinks so.  It currently has an 8.7 rating on IMDB.  To give you some perspective, here are some other similarly ranked movies on IMDB:

Forrest Gump:  8.7
Star Wars:  8.7
Casablanca:  8.6
Raiders of the Lost Ark:  8.6
Back to the Future:  8.5

Now this is a new movie, so most likely the rating will go down a bit...but maybe not.  This is a great movie people!!  Go see it!  And if you see it, PLEASE see it in 3D if you can.  It's worth it.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...