Friday, October 11, 2013

Movie Project Post #8

FOUR more I can cross off:



Ladies in Lavender

A very good movie about two sisters that befriend a stranger they find washed up to shore in 1930's England.  I mean....Judi Dench and Maggie Smith?  You can't go wrong.  Apparently it's based on a short story, which I am going to find and read.


The Princess Diaries

Such a cute movie...I can't believe I had waited this long to see it!


Anna and the King

I just couldn't get into this movie.  I'm not a big Jodie Foster fan, maybe that's why.  I'll give it another shot someday.  Maybe.


Persuasion

Another one I couldn't get into.  I love Jane Austen though, and BBC.  I think they set the bar too high with Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version, NOT the Kiera Knightly version....you can't even compare them).  Maybe if I read 'Persuasion' that would help.

My favorite of the four:  Ladies in Lavender

Next up:
Puss in Boots (ha ha)
Taken 2
The Bucket List

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...