Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Nebraska

This past weekend, we drove to Nebraska.  My oldest nephew got married!

We left on Thursday and drove to Colorado Springs to stay the night.  We brought Hannah with us.  She was a good little travel partner!


We made the rest of the drive on Friday and arrived at my parents house around 6:00.  We were greeted by this cake, made by a good friend:


We met my brother, sister-in-law and the kids at Taco Inn for dinner.  It was delicious as usual!!

Saturday morning my mom made us breakfast - french toast and the BEST hash brown casserole I've ever eaten in my entire life.  Then we went to the wedding.

It was wonderful!


Everyone looked beautiful and happy.  It was perfect!


After the wedding we went back to my sister's house for pizza.  We had so much fun talking and laughing. My nephew played us some guitar.  He's really good!!  

Sunday my Grandma took us all to brunch at The Egg and I.  Then we all went back to Mom and Dad's and just hung out for a while.



Then my parents treated us all to Lazlo's for dinner.  It was fun!  The only one missing was my sister-in-law who got sick with the flu so couldn't join us on Sunday.  :(  She was definitely missed.

It was a great trip, but it went way too fast.  We drove home on Monday.  It took about 13.5 hours, and we stopped 5 times.  Hannah only slowed us down just a little bit.


She was such a trooper.  We would bring her again in a heartbeat.  I am already missing my family like crazy.  But hopefully I'll get to see my nephew this summer, and my parents are coming in October, so there's still lots to look forward too!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...