Sunday, January 4, 2015

Reclaiming My House - Project #9 - The Office

I'm still 'reclaiming' our house.  I got a lot done last year, but still have a few areas to get through.

I have put off tackling the office for quite some time because it's the room in our house that is kind of the dumping ground.  Everything seems to end up there....our mop, the brooms, the pile of stuff for the garage sale, extra stuff that I'm not sure what to do with, you name it.

Here's the before pictures:




Hello Masami!


I put 'Friends' on the computer (it's on Netflix now) and got to work.

Here's a breakdown of what I did:

*cleaned out the closet in the office and got rid of anything we didn't need.

*moved the bookshelf in picture #3 into the closet

*moved the wire shelf in picture #3 into the living room

*moved my desk from the living room into the office

*organized the garage sale pile

Here are the afters:


Here's the bookshelf in the newly cleaned out closet:


Here's the glamorous litter boxes, ha ha.  Yes, that's a fireplace screen in front of them.  It's to keep curious dogs far, far away from them.



My husband's desk all cleaned off:


I didn't do much to these shelves, just dusted them ha ha.


This is the garage sale corner (minus the bike).  I put most everything in a basket for now.  We (me and my mother-in-law) can't have our garage sale until it gets warmer, (we're hoping for late February or early March) so this corner of the room will grow in size over the next couple of months.


And finally, my desk:


I'm pretty happy with the results!  It looks so nice in there now and much less cluttered!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...