Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day 13 - Brussels

July 2nd was our organized excursion by the brothers to Brussels.  We were in the same group as my cousin and his family, so that was fun.  Brussels isn’t that far, but it took about an hour on the bus due to crazy traffic.


We first stopped at this weird structure (there’s actually offices in it) called the Atonium.  I believe it was part of a World Fair at one point. 


Then we met up with our tour guides, two sweet sisters who spoke very good English.


We walked all around, they showed us the historical buildings and gardens, then we visited a lace shop (lace is big in Belgium) and also a chocolate shop.  Good quality chocolate is expensive in Belgium, and the Bethel branch knew that everyone wouldn’t be able to afford to try some, so they arranged for each person to try two pieces at this gourmet shop because they wanted everyone to try it.  It was so nice and it was AMAZING chocolate.










Then we had about an hour and a half of free time so we all had a nice lunch with our friends and my family.

Another great day!

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...