Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 6 - Paris

Day 6 started out with the Louvre.  The four of us started off together but then split up as soon as we got there.  My husband is a history buff and I knew that he and I would be there most of the day.  Whereas our friends only wanted to stay until 2:30 or so, and then they wanted to go see the Catacombs (which neither my husband or I were interested in).


The Louvre was busy, as always.  I had to kind of move my husband along to each section so we could see as much as we could, but he did pretty good!





I also discovered that I only took pictures of the ‘big’ stuff and also the headless items.  ???  I didn’t even realize I was doing it until after I got home and looked through my pictures.  I already knew I was kind of morbid, but this just confirmed it ha ha.



Oh and this guy looked like he was taking a selfie so I had to take a picture of him:

We had a plan to meet up with our friends outside the pyramid, so while we waited, we sat down and listened to a guy play the cello for about 30 minutes.

After we met our friends, we hunted down a creperie that had gotten great reviews on Yelp.  It did not disappoint.  It was delicious!

And then we decided to take a cruise on the Seine River (with wine of course).  It was so pretty to see everything lit up at night.  The cruise was timed just right so that we saw the Eiffel Tower light up and sparkle.  It was a jammed pack day, but wonderful. 




It was so late when we got back to Cormeilles de Parisis that we walked from the train station to our hosts house (at like 1:00 a.m.)  We were soooo tired on the walk, so my husband started teaching us Army cadences (you know…the songs that Army people march and/or run to).  It was pretty funny.  I will always remember singing about the ‘wart on a frog on a log in a swamp’ in a little village outside of Paris at 1:00 a.m. ha ha.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...