Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tidying Up - Handbag

Do you ever have those projects that you put off forever and then when you finally do them you can't believe how little time it took and what a big impact it made?  And then you kick yourself for not doing it sooner?

Today I completed one of those projects.  It's been on my list of things to do ever since we got back from Europe but I just kept putting it off.

What was it?  I CLEANED OUT MY PURSE.

Yep.  I had cleaned it out (kind of) once after we got home, but it still needed a good cleaning and I wanted to switch bags too.  I was still using my cross-body bag that was too large for everyday use.

Just to show you how badly it needed cleaning, here's what i found in the bottom of it:


Awwww.  A Paris train map, my ticket to the Rodin museum and a random train ticket.  #memories

First things first, I got rid of all of the junk in my purse.  Like a smushed granola bar.  Multiple gum wrappers.  Old receipts.  Loose Benadryl that had fallen out of it's container.  Stuff like that.

Then I organized what was left and what would go back into my purse:


The top zippered pouch is for bills to be paid and mail to deal with.  I pay bills once a week while I'm at work, so any bills/mail that we get during the week I put in this pouch and stick it in my purse so I always have them with me.  I also keep receipts in here.

French tracts!  We always have to be prepared in case we meet a French speaking person.  The tract holder was given to me by the sweet sisters in Belgium. 

And my coupon envelope of course.  I also store gift cards in here.



My two Moleskin notebooks.  These little notebooks are the best!  I use one for my ongoing lists of things to do, projects, etc.  The other one is my daily food tracker.  

My makeup bag.  Am I the only one that keeps their makeup in their purse?  I don't wear much...there are 5 things in this bag:  My mineral powder, mascara, lip gloss, Carmex and another tube of lip balm.  It's not a large bag at all.

My new Louis Vuitton wallet.  I finally am using it! (I was scared to for a while ha ha)

My business card holder that was a gift from the branch in Belgium.  It holds French JW cards, plus a few of my husband's business cards and also our information cards we made for the convention.

And my planner of course.  I have to have a paper planner.  It keeps me sane.

Everything fit neatly into my light blue Coach bag:


The side pockets hold a pack of Kleenex, two pens and a pack of gum.  I also made sure there was plenty of room for my iPad (mini) and my phone.  I have room to spare AND it zips!!

And there you have it.  A nice, organized, cleaned out purse.  It only took me well over a month ha ha.

20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...