Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day 14 - Ghent & Convention Day 1

Convention Day 1!
First off, our hotel was about a 2 minute walk to the convention site.  I’m not exaggerating.  In fact, whenever we had to use the restroom during the assembly, we just went back to our hotel room.  It was easier AND quicker that way because of the long restroom lines.
Our hotel is on the left:

We were greeted with panels and panels of artwork done by local kids.  They had taken the artwork and had it screen-printed onto these canvases.  It was adorable.  More welcome signs.





The first day we sat in French.  It was amazing! I didn’t get as much out of it as I had hoped though, so we moved to English later on in the afternoon and we wanted to hear the Drama in English.

Here’s our cute little packed lunch…3 (!) little sandwiches, an apple, a pudding dessert, two pieces of chocolate and a bottle of water.

Little Caleb and Sophia head cutouts.  Adorable.

That night hubby and I were on our own (it was our friend’s anniversary) so we headed into Ghent for dinner.  We yelped a good restaurant and had a nice long dinner.  Then we used my Belgium book and took a nice little walking tour of the city.  It’s a beautiful canal city.


















20 Years of Reading

20 years.  TWENTY YEARS OF READING. Okay, so technically this isn’t true.  I’ve been reading since I was 5.  So (here’s my age)…I’ve been re...